Maintenance should be the #1 factor when buying used/refurbished Xerox equipment. Please see the maintenance options below and let us know which one works best for you.
X-Digital is an Authorized Xerox Service Provider and we can provide full-service maintenance for you in Southern California. We can initiate a Xerox Direct Full-Service Maintenance Agreement on your behalf, guaranteeing that our equipment will be approved at no further cost to you. We can train you how to “self-service” your own equipment if that is your preference.
Xerox Full-Service Maintenance Agreement
How Does it Work?
- We coordinate with Xerox to get you a quote for maintenance on the machine we are proposing.
- Once the machine is delivered, Xerox will come to your location, install the machine, and inspect the machine to make sure it is rebuilt to satisfy the requirements of the Xerox service staff.
- Once the contracts department gets approval from the local area service manager and provides you a quote, you will be approved for a full-service maintenance contract.
- The Xerox service staff will treat you as if you had just purchased a new machine directly from them. The Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee will apply once you are under a Xerox service contract.
What Fees and Costs can you Expect? And Who Pays for Them?
- Xerox charges inspection fees to certify all used/refurbished equipment for Xerox maintenance. For the first 30 minutes on site, Xerox charges $781.00 for the machine (IOT) and $781.00 for the controller (Fiery or FreeFlow). Then $90.00 for each 15 minutes thereafter. Is your machine provider including these costs in the price of their machine? X-Digital does!
- If the used Xerox equipment you purchased online, for example, has not been refurbished, to manufacturer’s standard, you may incur high costs at the time of install or conversion to a maintenance agreement. Xerox comes in to install and inspect the machine for a maintenance contract. The install is billable and takes (1-4 hours). Unfortunately, should the machine not work properly or up to Xerox service requirements, Xerox will bill you for the technician’s time to fix any issues and bill you for the parts they replace to get the machine up and running. Then there is the inspection that is billable to determine if the machine qualifies “as is” for a Xerox maintenance contract. If not, more billable work will need to be done. Xerox parts and labor are expensive especially on a time and materials basis. And you don’t want a machine rebuilt on your production floor.
Contact X-Digital today for a stress-free delivery, installation and certification process for your next used Xerox Production device.
Why Consider 3rd party maintenance?
Why should you consider an alternative maintenance provider to maintain your Xerox equipment? The right independent maintenance company will provide competitive maintenance rates, and better response times than the manufacturer, which helps you maximize the uptime of your machine. X-Digital employs senior Xerox engineers who averaged 20+ years maintaining machines for Xerox directly. X-Digital gives them less machines to maintain in a condensed geographic territory, and stocks their company vehicles with virtually every part and supply needed to maintain your machine at a production level. Less machines in the field mean more technicians available to help you.
- Competitive maintenance rates
- Better service response times (Averaging 2 hours)
- Technicians Xerox Trained Production Specialist
- Customized service agreements
- Ability to cover 2nd shift, weekends, and on-site coverage
- Strategically located parts warehouses throughout SoCal
- Toll free phone number for service and supplies
- Great communication from the service, sales, and parts department
Below is a list of machines that we are currently maintaining:
Xerox Igen4 / Xerox Igen 150 maintenance rates
Xerox 800/1000 maintenance rates
Xerox C75/J75 maintenance rates
Xerox 700/700i/770 maintenance rates
Xerox 560/C60, C70 maintenance rates
Xerox DocuTech 135/155/180 maintenance rates
Xerox DocuPrint 180HLC Maintenance rates
Nuvera 120EA / 144EA / 200EA / 288EA maintenance rates
Xerox D95 / D110 / D125 / D136 maintenance rates
Xerox 4110 / 4112 maintenance rates
Contact us today for rates.
So, you just bought a Xerox machine, congrats! But who will service it when something goes wrong?
When you buy a refurbished Xerox machine, service is an important factor. Anyone can sell you a used machine, but will they stand behind their machines and provide a dependable maintenance agreement? Probably not.
At X-Digital, we understand the importance of standing behind the equipment we sell and providing excellent maintenance to maximize reliability and uptime.
We offer service regardless of the circumstances. X-Digital offers a variety of maintenance options depending on your company’s service needs.
Unlike other companies, X-Digital guarantees that any Xerox production equipment you buy from us is 100% certified for a Xerox Full-Service Maintenance Contract anywhere in the nation. We rebuild machines to satisfy the requirements of the Xerox service staff.
At X-Digital, we have trained some clients to self-maintain their Xerox equipment. We’ve trained everyone from the largest corporate print providers to the smaller copy shops who want more control over their cost & independence from the manufacturer – and hopefully through the process, realize cost savings. We offer both on-site maintenance training and off-site training at our X-Digital facility. After receiving training from the X-Digital team, you will feel well equipped and confident to operate and maintain your machine. And if you need some extra help, we are just a phone call away.
Where do I get parts and supplies for my machines?? On self-maintenance, you will be responsible for buying and installing your own parts and consumables. We are happy to be your supplier of parts and consumables. One key to our self-maintenance consulting program is our specialized training on High Frequency Service Items (HFSI’s). We train you to keep an eye on your HFSI’s, as this list tells which parts are reaching end of life. With this knowledge, you can order the parts to keep on hand to replace before or after failure. Our parts department can handle all of your Xerox supply and parts needs. Please contact our parts department at 760-737-0400.
5 Keys to Self-Maintenance:
- X-Digital works with you to develop a list of parts to have onsite for both preventative maintenance and common machine problems. This increases uptime when a problem does occur because you have those parts onsite!
- X-Digital will train you on how to operate and maintain your machine. In case of an emergency, we have a team of technicians onsite at X-Digital to help over the phone or via video conferencing. A database of independent technicians is available to provide support nationwide.
- We supply you with the tools/expertise to make servicing your machines easier. Ask us how.
- We recommend having redundancy when self-serving. Self-serving works the best when you have more than one machine to rely on. Having a back-up or 2nd machine will radically increase your uptime and productivity.
- Having a spare machine that is used for parts is key to self-maintenance. If you have the space, we can sell you a parts engine for you to pull good used parts off of to self-maintain your Xerox machine. This helps cut costs and enables you to have virtually every part on site thus increasing your uptime.
*In the past 12 months we have trained clients to self-maintain Xerox Igen4, Xerox Igen 150, Xerox C75, Xerox DocuPrint 180, Xerox D110, Nuvera 144EA, Xerox 700, and Versant 80*
Please contact us for more information regarding this program.