Automating Workflows: The Versant 180
As time goes on, the world demands more from businesses. This is especially true in the print production industry, where consumers continue to expect faster turnarounds and higher-quality results. In order to compete, you must optimize your printing business for speed, efficiency, and productivity.
How can you do this? The best way is to invest in a printer with automated workflows, such as the Xerox Versant 180.
What Are the Benefits of Automated Workflows?
Workflow automation takes place when a machine automates multiple steps of a business process. In a printing business, these steps include everything from color management to printhead alignment.
When these steps are done manually, mistakes are bound to happen. Even the most seasoned print operator will cause a few errors. As these errors add up, print quality dwindles, jobs must be redone, and time and materials go to waste.
In turn, you will notice:
- Decreased productivity
- Longer turnarounds
- Lower profit margins
Automated Workflows Save Your Business Time and Money
To run a top-notch printing business, there’s simply no time to manually calibrate your machine or deal with costly operator errors.
Fortunately, automated workflows reduce the frequency of errors significantly. In addition, they take a multitude of time-consuming tasks off your hands. In turn, your productivity will skyrocket, leading to greater profits and sustainable business growth.
Automating Workflows with Xerox’s Versant 180 Printing Press
The Xerox Versant 180 is a 4-color, cut sheet production press that uses the latest technology. It provides top-of-the-line automation features so you can accomplish more in less time.
For these reasons, the Versant 180 is the perfect choice for print shops and enterprise operations looking to grow their business.
The Xerox Versant 180’s Specifications
The Versant 180 has color printing, copying, and scanning capabilities. You can also add high-capacity feeding, stacking, and finishing features if desired.
The Versant 180 offers the following specifications:
- Pages per minute: 80 ppm
- Average monthly volume: 80,000 pages per month
- Duty cycle: 750,000 pages per month
- Resolution: 2,400 x 2,400 dpi with 10-bit rendering
- Media weight: 53 to 350 gsm stocks
- Paper size capacity: 3.9” by 5.7” to 13” by 26”
- Paper capacity: 1,900 sheets
- Media types: Coated and uncoated paper, bright paper, synthetic paper, embossed paper, labels, glossy brochures, window decals, greeting cards, polyesters, business cards, and more.
As you can see, the Versant 180 has what it takes to handle high-volume print jobs. Its image quality is four times better than that of a standard press, leading to finer text and smoother gradients. Best of all, it completes print jobs in record time.
Automation Features of the Versant 180
In addition to boasting impressive specifications, the Versant 180 earns its award-winning reputation for its advanced automation features, including:
- Advanced color management – When you print hundreds of copies for a client, color consistency is crucial. However, manual color management can get complex and time-consuming. With automation, all the decision making is done for you, speeding up the process and ensuring perfect coloring every time.
- Automated sheet clearing – Paper jams are a frustrating but inevitable part of the printing process. However, they don’t have to be with the Versant 180. This press uses a straight paper path and integrity tools to clear paper jams automatically.
- Automated sheet decurling – The Versant 180 uses a single-pass decurler to ensure that each sheet of paper stays flat as it leaves the print engine. It does so by analyzing paper weight data, temperature, and humidity. Your sheets will arrive in perfect condition, saving you any extra post-production hassle.
- Image caching – To speed things up even more, the Versant 180 scans documents for duplicate images and stores them within a cache. This saves time, as unnecessary, repeated rasterization is taken out of the equation.
- Image quality adjustment – The Versant 180 produces outstanding image quality. It does so by depositing toner across all sheets consistently and adjusting color in real-time.
- Full-bleed inline finishing – The Versant 180 finishes off the job with a plethora of polished finishing options. In the click of a button, you can achieve a professional bound booklet with a stitched spine. This saves you a significant amount of post-production labor and time.
These are just a few of the incredible automation features you’ll enjoy with the Xerox Versant 180. To see the full list, review Xerox’s official Versant 180 whitepaper.
Automating Workflows Today With The Versant 180
By investing in a Xerox Versant 180 printing press, you’ll supercharge your printing business with the productivity it needs to succeed. As your business grows, you’ll be able to finish jobs faster and impress clients consistently.
To get your hands on one of these powerful machines, visit X-Digital. For over 30 years, X-Digital has been an authorized Xerox Partner and service provider for new and used equipment. To get a competitive Xerox Versant 180 price quote, contact us today.
Xerox. Xerox Versant 180 Press Specifications.
Xerox. Xerox® Versant® 180 Production Press Whitepaper.